Before you start
1. Download imToken from its official website to create or recover your identity.
2. Enable the Bluetooth of your phone (Android users need to turn on their location services, or GPS).
3. Turn on your imKey to set up its language.
Pair your imKey with imToken through Bluetooth
1. Open imToken and click “My Profile > Manage your wallet > Connect imKey”.
2. Keep imKey close to your phone when it’s searching for devices. Click “Connect Devices” if it finds your imKey.
3. Enter the pairing code displayed in your imKey into your phone and click “Pair”.
4. Check out the binding code on imKey and enter it into imToken after it is properly backed up. Then click “Next”.
5. Click “Understood” after you finish reading what is shown in the pop-up window on imToken.
6. The bound imKey will be activated through the device verification of imToken. Please wait for the activation to be done according to the progress shown on imToken.
Set up imKey
Set up its PIN code
1. When you see “Set PIN” shown on imKey, you are in the process of setting up its PIN code. During this process, you can toggle the number through the up and down arrow buttons, click “OK” to confirm, and “C” to cancel.
You should repeat the process until all numbers for the PIN code have been chosen.
2. Confirm the PIN code by entering it again.
Note: The PIN code is used to unlock the imKey and should be set as 6 - 8 different or non-consecutive digits. Also, the code should be kept carefully. Don’t use a PIN code provided by a random PIN code generator or third-party tools.
Create and backup wallet
1. Choose “Create Wallet” on imKey. After that, read the tips and click the “OK” button to confirm.
2. Write down the words according to their order and repeat this process until all 12 words have been noted down.
3. Click the “OK” button to confirm when you see “Please confirm your Mnemonic” on imKey.
4. Choose those 12 words according to their order by pressing the up and down arrow buttons. Then, click the “OK” button to confirm. You should repeat this process after all the words have been verified.
5. After the verification, you should wait patiently with imKey showing “Creating wallet, estimated 2 min”.
Connect your imKey wallet to imToken
1. Click “Next” on imToken to enter the “Install applets” page.
2. Click “Close” if you see “Successfully paired” on imToken.